Our core competence is in the Swiss real estate sector. As our customer, we take your rights and requirements in terms of data robustness and security very seriously. On that basis, we have decided, before the entry into force of the revised Federal Act on Data Protection, to handle your data in accordance with the strict requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data protection notice
This data protection notice is valid from April 10, 2019.
As the data controller, SPG Intercity Zurich AG advises its users that their personal data will be processed, in particular:
- personal data (e.g. email address, first name, surname, title, address, telephone number, hereinafter referred to as “data” or “personal data”) that is provided by users in the course of registration on the website (e.g. in relation to a contact request or newsletter subscription);
- personal data transmitted by the user’s web browser each time they access the website and which is stored in the form of log files (also known as server log files). This data includes: The IP address (internet protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the accessed site; date and time of the access; referring URL of the user to the accessed site; quantity of data transmitted; status alert for successful access; session ID number.
Purpose of the processing
As the data controller, SPG Intercity Zurich AG processes personal data for the following reasons:
- to respond to user requests (e.g. management of requests from contacts, management of contacts’ requests for delivery of regular electronic newsletters containing promotional information on real estate offers from SPG Intercity Zurich AG)
- to register users on the website;
- technical management of the website and its operational functions, including resolution of technical problems, statistical analysis, tests and research;
- to prevent fraudulent activity on or misuse of the website, or in connection with the website;
- to comply with the requirements of relevant laws, to protect the security of an individual and the rights and property of SPG Intercity Zurich AG, and to prevent fraud or security or technical problems.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Art. 6 paras 1 a, b and f GDPR. Processing of personal data for the purpose of direct advertising is in the legitimate interest of SPG Intercity Zurich AG, according to Art. 6 I para f DSGVO.
How personal data is provided and what happens in the case of a refusal to provide it
Personal data is provided by the user on a voluntary basis. It is their decision whether to make their personal data available to SPG Intercity Zurich AG, and they may also withdraw any agreement given previously to the processing of personal data already provided. In the case of such withdrawal, use of the website of SPG Intercity Zurich AG may be hindered. By providing your personal data, you agree to the processing, storage and use of your data.
Users’ personal data is processed only as necessary and is done so purely electronically, particularly in the form of: collection, registration, organization, storage, consultation, processing, alteration, selection, extraction, comparison, use, connection, access and communication, blocking, erasure and destruction of data. Processing procedures can be implemented electronically or non-electronically.
Access to data
Personal data is processed by SPG Intercity Zurich AG and, in particular, specifically by:
- employees and consultants authorized to do so for the purposes of management of the website and ensuring the availability of its related services;
- third-party companies (e.g. IT service providers, hosting services, etc.), to which SPG Intercity Zurich AG has outsourced processing procedures in the context of order processing.
Information about data
As the data controller, we may divulge information regarding your personal data. This information may be divulged only for the following purposes:
- to comply with statutory obligations or those arising from regulations and guidelines contained in national or European legislation;
- to use as defense before a court in the event of a legal dispute.
Disclosure of data
For the purpose of data processing, we share your data with our processor. In addition, your data will be shared only for the purposes of fulfilling the contractual relationship, in particular with your contracting parties, notaries and land registries.
SPG Intercity Zurich AG’s servers are located within Switzerland/the European Union.
Storage of data
SPG Intercity Zurich AG stores personal data for such time as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is collected and further processed, including any retention period that is required by the applicable law (e.g. retention of accounts information).
The website uses technical cookies to store the following information:
- language preference
- measurement unit preference
- last search request
- checklist ID
- test site allocation in the context of AB tests
- load balancing in distributed systems
SPG Intercity Zurich AG informs users that they may deactivate or remove cookies from their browser by following the instructions contained in the following links:
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies).
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored).
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=de_DE).
The website also uses analytical cookies deployed by third parties, such as Google (see also provisions on use of analytical programs and tracking tools), Adroll (https://www.adroll.com/de-DE/about) /Privatsphäre) and Haufe (https://de.onlinehelp.umantis.com/index.php/Cookies).
Specifically, these are:
- a) Google Analytics
- b) Universal Analytics
- c) Google Remarketing und Retargeting
- d) Facebook Remarketing und Retargeting
This website does not use profiling cookies.
Social media plugins
This website uses social media plugins provided by the main social networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). By visiting this website, browsing data can be transmitted directly to the relevant social network, even without any direct interaction by the user. The user acknowledges and agrees that operation of social network plugins is managed directly by the firm providing the plugin in question. If users use the plugins via the website (e.g. by accessing a social network with their login data or when linking their accounts), click on the relevant button (such as the “Like” or “Share” buttons on Facebook) and connect to that social network’s server, then the plugin content can be sent directly to the user’s browser.
Rights of the data subject
You have a right to information about the processing of your personal data (such as the origin of this data, the reason for processing and modalities of the processing). You are furthermore entitled to object to future processing of your data, to limit such processing or to have your data erased. Finally, you may unsubscribe at any time from receipt of promotional material, conduct of market research or commercial messages.
In summary, you have a right to
- erasure (right to be forgotten)
- restriction of processing
- data portability
- object to the processing of your personal data,
- by notifying the regulatory authorities.
To exercise these rights and request information, please contact the responsible controller.
The controller is SPG Intercity Zurich AG. Our processor is Atfront AG and any subcontractors. We are happy to provide an up-to-date list of these on request.
Analysis of user behaviour
The internet offerings at zurich.spgintercity.ch are tracked for the analysis of user behaviour and the identification of IP addresses of companies for marketing purposes. The use of this service entails the direct transfer of data pertaining to user behaviour (e.g. IP address, time of access, browser searches etc.) to the servers maintained by the service provider and being made available for use exclusively on zurich.spgintercity.ch. The data collected are treated as strictly confidential and neither sold nor conveyed to third parties. If in future you do not wish to be identified, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.